Monday, January 30, 2012

Movies: Is Edward Nortons performance in American History X top ten ?

What do you think of the film and his performance?

Bq- where would it rank for you all time as a performance?

Bq2- what film do you like that has controversial subject matter?Movies: Is Edward Nortons performance in American History X top ten ?You see a lot of movies dealing with racism from blacks' point of view, but this one went straight to the core and flipped it, which is why I prefer it over most movies of that paticular subject. We get a chance to see into the mind of a racist, rather than victims of racism. Edward Norton's peformance was outstanding in my opinion, I can't see anyone else doing it better.



BQ: Possibly top 10, definitely top 15 or around there.

BQ2: A Clockwork Orange and KidsMovies: Is Edward Nortons performance in American History X top ten ?
Edward Norton was brilliant in American History X, his performance was a huge part of why the film worked so well. It's a film everybody should watch.

But Top Ten of all time!? No way. Off the top of my head Toshiro Mifune, Jimmy Stewart, Peter O'Toole, Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, and Daniel Day-Lewis have all had better performances.

BQ - It would like to put it somewhere in a Top 100 of All Time list I think. I'm not convinced American History X is even the best performance of Edward Norton's career. Most would probably say his debut in Primal Fear. I honestly thought he was also brilliant in the (much less popular films) Death to Smoochy and 25th Hour. I'd say X is one of the top 3 performances of Norton's career.

BQ2 - I really liked Fritz Lang's 1931 masterpiece M and A Clockwork Orange of course.Movies: Is Edward Nortons performance in American History X top ten ?He was AMAZING in that movie. He portrayed so many different emotions in that film and was scary believable. I was blown away at how quick he could go from violent and brutally mean, to vulnerable, scared and remorseful. I think it easily ranks as a top 10 movie/performance.



He is a wonderful actor.Movies: Is Edward Nortons performance in American History X top ten ?
Ok film, great performance.



BQ: For all time? Ummmm......maybe the 350th best I've ever seen? I've seen a lot of movies, and even though I think it was a fantastic performance, it's definitely not one of the best.



BQ2: "controversial" means different things to other people. But I'll go ahead and pick a few that many people would say would have controversial subject matter: "District 9", "Saw", and "Tropic Thunder"Movies: Is Edward Nortons performance in American History X top ten ?I would definitely have to agree. He's brilliant. Other such controversial films with incredible male leads would have to be American Beauty and Schindler's List.Movies: Is Edward Nortons performance in American History X top ten ?
It's nothing compared to Russell Crowe's performance in Romper Stomper.
  • mymathlab login
  • map of idaho
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment