Monday, January 30, 2012

Do they have American movies in the UK?

I always wondered that i am from NY. ThanksDo they have American movies in the UK?The vast majority of films shown in the U.k. are American made, we tend to get them a few weeks after they first appear in the U.S. but that is he only difference. In spite of a potential audience of tens of millions the U.K film industry produces very little per year and out best actors and directors, and so on, end up in the U.S. anyway but there is scarcely anywhere in the world where American films are not shown.Do they have American movies in the UK?
I hope this is a joke...

EDIT American Dream you complete DONKEY, the UK does not depend on American entertainment at all, that's why all your successful TV shows in the USA are British shows that you've bought from us, American Idol, America's Got Talent, Millionaire, Hell's Kitchen etc etc...all British. Not to mention music and fashion. If the UK starting depending on the USA for entertainment there'd be less Bowie and more Miley. Brainwashed deluded donkey, go travel and educate yourself.



Prettykitty just because you obviously are a pikey who moved to America and only know people in Enfield (lmao), that doesn't mean the UK "sucks". I'm from London, if I visited Idaho and thought the whole of America was like that then I'd say that would suck too, except I'm more intelligent than that...





The majority of blockbuster cinema mass-attendance crap is American-made, anything with any integrity, creativity or actual artistic merit comes from the UK and the rest of Europe, but an American wouldn't know that as they think America is the world.Do they have American movies in the UK?LOL, no, only in Germany the dubbed versions ;))



edit: But it's true in Germany they get dubbed, but they also show them on TV.

It's a bit ignorant question really. It means you haven't travelled a lot in the world, but that's ok.

Yes,we got your movies all over the planet, time to check reality man.

Only in some countries like France, Germany, Italy etc. they get dubbed whereas in England or other English-speaking countries they show the original versions.

In some non-English speaking countries they also show the original versions, but with subtitles in their languages e.g. Portugal, Netherlands, Greece, Sweden.



@the chair - I certainly hope so too. Can't believe I get td here, ppl can't take jokes here really
Yes, lol. Just like there are English movies in America.



Harry Potter, since it's English, came out in England before America for the first 4 movies, but now they come out at the same time.



American movies typically come out later in England.



EDIT: Yes. Not as a whole...I like London...but next year I'll be in Kent and not boring places like Enfield like the other times...maybe it won't suck as much.



@The Chair- I lived in England for 7 years of my life and go back every year. It's not my fault that I'm stuck in a house half of my vacation because I stay with my grandparents and my grandfather has severe alzheimer's, okay? I've been to more than London. I've been to more than Enfield. I never said I knew anyone other than my family and family friends! I go to Bath, London, Kent, Liverpool, Bedford; all over, but I still think England kind of sucks. Completely? No. You probably think I don't know anything about England and I'm just saying this over one visit. Well, you're wrong.



EDIT: And by the way, I'm not a pikey. Both of my parents are multi-millionares and you call me a pikey? Smart.Do they have American movies in the UK?Yes man, they do have American films. Didn't you ever see the Billboard charts for music and movies? They have US charts and then UK charts. They all love American and that's where they get mostly all of their entertainment from. UK and Canada depend on American entertainment.Do they have American movies in the UK?
Sadly yes, few cinemas in UK are independent of US film distribution network so we get all the pap out of Hollywood.
@PrettyKitty did you say the uk sucks?



edit: cool! I live in essex which is near kent, it's nice down here :DDo they have American movies in the UK?
Too many !
Yes and they subtitle them in English.
yes. we often see them on TV and in cinemas. ( movie theatres )

No comments:

Post a Comment